Monday, April 10, 2006

Oh My Feet!!

I bought these really beautiful dance shoes when I was in Miami last November. Sometimes I would want to dress up to go out but couldn't since I only had dancing sneakers. Which I love. And I dance very well in them. Unfortunately, I have slightly wide feet so finding fancy dancing shoes was hard. I decided on a pair and sucked up the price ($150). Now, I kinda hate them. I don't feel like I dance well in them. The heels are kinda high and I think I'm stuck with them - I can't get them replaced due to the design of the shoe (how it looks, not how its made). Plus, the way the material is around my toes isn't fun. They are little straps - not just straight material. My foot wouldn't fit into the ones with the material. So the straps cut into my toes/feet. So overall, I feel yucky, clumsy, and well, actually, kinda fat in the shoes.

So... what are my options? I could try to re-sell them. I've only worn them maybe 4 times. So that could be an option but I doubt I'd get $150 for them or even $100. A pedicurist suggested I put pads or bandages on my toes where the shoe cuts in and that would protect my feet more. That is a very good option I'll be trying next time. Any others? I can't think of any. Except to only wear them once every other month or something. But it seems like such a waste since they look so good on me. Or at least I've been told and I'm inclined to believe the person who told me. So I guess I'll either be practicing in them more (so I don't feel so clumsy) or just sucking it up and feeling the pain. Probably a little bit of both.

No comments: